Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas One and All

I wish everyone the best during this season of love and renewal.  For me, Christmas has always been a time to confirm life by expressing my love to those around me.  And although my surroundings change each Christmas, within me, there is an essential Christmas that I express with love, now, to you. 

Dylan Thomas said it best in the opening paragraphs of A Child's Christmas in Whales:  "One Christmas was so much like another, in those years around the sea-town corner now and out of all sound except the distant speaking of the voices I sometimes hear a moment before sleep, that I can never remember whether it snowed for six days and six nights when I was twelve or whether it snowed for twelve days and twelve nights when I was six.  All the Christmases roll down toward the two-tongued sea, like a cold and headlong moon bundling down the sky that was our street."

As I diligently work to get through the editing phase of my latest book, I take a deep breath and give a life affirming shout, "Thank you, my friends, and Merry Christmas!"
Artwork:   Alessandro Botticelli, Mystic Nativity

No comments: